Recipe: Vegan Mac n' Cheese

Posted On // Leave a Comment
I'm a huge fan of nutritional yeast for its savory, umami flavor. It's the cheesiest non-cheese, perfect for popcorn or tofu scramble.

So when I saw a recipe for spicy vegan mac n' cheese, featuring none other than nutritional yeast, I was sold.

Here goes the recipe:

Ingredients

  • Pasta
  • 2 tablespoons Flour
  • 2 tablespoons Oil
  • 1.5 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
  • 1/3 cup Nutritional Yeast Flakes


1. Heat approximately 2 tablespoons of oil with 2 tablespoons of flour. Stir frequently as you cook the mixture for 2 minutes.
2. Add 1.5 cups of unsweetened almond milk. Stir frequently as you cook the mixture for 8 minutes. NOTE: I added frozen corn and red and green peppers during this step so that I'd have some veggies with my pasta.
3. Boil your pasta and add to the sauce when ready!

These recipe holds pretty well in the refrigerator so you can make it ahead of time. I made a huge batch as meal prep for the week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment