Recipe: Chinese Steamed Egg

Posted On // Leave a Comment
My grandmother has a few classic dishes that I'm learning to replicate. Amongst them is her perfectly Steamed Egg with soy sauce. It's a really easy to make and nutritious recipe that is a wonderful addition to any savory breakfast. For me, it brings back memories of my early mornings when my grandma would prepare it for me before I left for school!




Ingredients:
  • 2 eggs
  • water
  • soy sauce
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes

1. Beat two eggs in a small (heat-safe) porcelain bowl. Add a pinch of salt if so desired. 
2. Add approximately equal parts water to the egg mixture, and continue to mix thoroughly. There should be bubbles that begin to form on the surface. Use a spoon to carefully remove these bubbles to ensure a smooth texture. 
3. Boil water in a large pot with a steamer set-up.
4. When the water boils, steam the egg mixture in the bowl for 8 minutes. Be sure to cover the bowl with a small heat-safe plate. 
5. After 8 minutes, enjoy your steamed egg! I recommend adding a spoonful of soy sauce for flavor. 

Tired of the same old hard boiled or scrambled eggs? Try this simple steamed egg next time! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment