Recipe: Spicy Squid Ink Pasta w/ Shrimp

Posted On // Leave a Comment
I absolutely LOVE the taste of squid ink pasta! I discovered this delectable dish when I studied abroad in Venice, Italy. Once back in the States, I was able to satisfy my cravings at Trattoria Trecolori in NYC.

So when Trader Joe's started stocking Casa Milo Squid Ink Spaghetti (only $1.99), I jumped at the opportunity to replicate this recipe at home!


Ingredients

  • Squid Ink pasta
  • Red pepper flakes
  • Tomato spaghetti sauce
  • Shrimp, preferably whole shrimp with shell
  • Vodka

1. Defrost shrimp! The whole shrimp with shell on has more flavor, which helps bring out the natural flavors of the pasta.
2. Cover raw shrimp in a pan with tomato sauce. Add one shot of vodka and season heavily with red pepper flakes. Mix all together and heat on high.
3. Flip the shrimp when it begins to turn orange in color.
4. Meanwhile, boil the pasta for 10 minutes or until al dente.
5. Once the shrimp is cooked and the pasta is ready-- combine, serve, and enjoy!

Pro Tip: You can enhance the seafood flavor by incorporating some of the shrimp-y brine water into the sauce when cooking!

I devoured this dish in one sitting. Wasn't sure if it was because I had worked up an appetite from the 8 mile hike I had done earlier that day, or because the recipe was so finger-licking good. Either way, there was not a single bite left when I was done with this. The visual presentation of the dish (with all the orange and black colors) is perfect for an October meal!

0 comments:

Post a Comment