Guide to Reading Terminal Market (Philadelphia, PA)

Posted On // Leave a Comment
The weather outside is frightful, but inside it's so delightful...♩♪♫♬

Especially true when you're inside Reading Terminal Market on snowy day!


It was super busy on Saturday around lunch time (as it normally is).
Pro Tip of the Day: There's $4 Parking in the Parkway Garage right across from the market, near the Hilton. If you get your ticket validated by a vendor when you buy $10+ worth of food, you can qualify for the special deal. Not bad for Center City prices! Be sure to get there before your 2 hours are up thought! If you go over, you might be charged full-price. Also, make sure you find the correct Parkway Parking Garage; there's another one nearby that doesn't offer the discount. Speaking from personal experience here.
First walking into the market can be overwhelming, to say the least. The moment you step foot inside, you are immediately bombarded by the sights and smells coming at you in all directions. 

Walking through the aisles, I spotted the famous Mueller's Chocolates. They had some cute Valentine's Day themed boxes. And I even found some chocolate covered onions in their display case!  


           



What else did I eat? Well, I had some BBQ Baby Back Ribs from The Rib Stand that were delish. Tried some philly cheesesteaks from Carmens. (Have I mentioned that I've never been to Pat's or Geno's yet?) Regardless, these cheesesteaks were amazing. I wanted to try some pretzels so I got a Jalapeno Cheddar Pretzel dog from Miller's Twist.

  
Also got an ice cream cone (Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Cookies n' Cream, my two favorites!) from Bassett's. No trip to RTM is complete with Bassett's. Sadly, I finished the cone so fast, I didn't even remember to take a picture. It was that good. I also really really wanted to try a donut from Beiler's Bakery. But the line was around the corner even at 4pm! Next time. *sigh*

I've now realized the importance of having a plan of attack and will be well-prepared the next time I visit.

My future hit-list for RTM:
  1. Fruity Pebble and Oreo donuts at Beiler's Bakery
  2. DiNic's Famous Roast Pork (or Pulled Pork) and Broccoli Rabe Sandwich, ordered "wet" and with provolone
  3. Cheesesteak Pretzel from Miller's Twist
  4. Breakfast at the Dutch Eating Place
  5. Cannoli from Termini Bros
  6. Salmon Curry at Little Thai Market
  7. Almond Milk Latte at Old City Coffee (I heard someone order this and was immediately tempted)
  8. Hope's Cookies / Wilbur's Chocolate buds at the Pennsylvania General Store
  9. Dumpling Soup at Sang Kee's
  10. Diener's Chicken Wings
  11. Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel at Mueller's
  12. Clam Chowder at Pearl's Oyster Bar or Coastal Cave
  13. Visit on July 29th for Free Crepe Day at Profi's Creperie
  14. Honey Straw from Bee Natural
For more Reading Terminal lists, check out this ranking of over 40 different RTM vendors (http://articles.philly.com/2009-10-15/entertainment/24987324_1_dutch-eating-place-chicken-pot-pie-restaurants) or 34th St Mag's list of the Best of RTM (http://34st.com/2011/04/best-of-reading-terminal-market/)!





0 comments:

Post a Comment