Guide to Hair Care

Posted On // Leave a Comment
Haven't posted in a couple of days cause I was swamped this week with midterms! [Didn't even have the time to go to my jazz dance class this week :( ]

But thanks to Winter Storm Pax I have a day off tomorrow and won't have to worry about my psych midterm till next week!

So in honor of this glorious much-needed snow day, I've put together this side-by-side comparison of two hair care products I've recently tested out.

First contender into the ring...

Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Blow Dry Perfector
Straightening Balm with Argan Oil
3 Day Frizz Resistance


I bought it at CVS for ~$5, I'd say. I was looking for a stand-in for conditioner to help achieve a silky smoothness for my hair. This Fructis product seemed promising. After my shower, I towel dried my hair a little and began to massage in the straightening balm. It felt goopy. It was a little weird putting the lotion in my squeaky clean right-out-of-the-shower hair. But once I used the hair dryer to blow dry, I hardly noticed it was there. It didn't cut down my blow dry time noticeably, despite the claim on the bottle. But it did leave my hair felt light and untangled. The product holds true to its 3 day frizz free guarantee as far as I can tell. However, after multiple uses, I felt like my hair became dryer and more brittle. It's great for a short term fix; but I'm not sure I'd want to continue using this product in the long term.

And to contender numero dos...

Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle 
Deeeeep conditioning treatment



  Now, let me just start off my saying that I love Aussie hair products. I currently swear by their regular moist conditioner. I've heard rave reviews about their 3 minute miracle conditioner but I wanted to try it out for myself. The conditioner looked pretty similar to their regular moist conditioner. But the results were far better. Sure, 3 minutes is a fairly long time to leave the conditioner in. But it's definitely worth the wait. Twenty four hours later, my hair still feels super silky and soft, like it did just out of the shower. I think I'll be adding this to my hair care regimen-- not everyday, but a couple times a week when I want to add some extra oompf to my do.

The Winner?

No surprise, Aussie's 3 minute miracle wins this round hands down with Fructis's Sleek & Shine is KO'd in the corner.


Don't believe me? Let my hair do the talking.

0 comments:

Post a Comment