Blog vs Diary? The difference

Posted On // Leave a Comment
I recently came across a really interesting blog post about "Blogging versus keeping a personal diary".

Now, I've tried to keep a diary in the past. But I've never felt like they were very sustainable. That is, I never felt the urge to document my daily happenings. And recording my day seemed more like a chore than a time of reflection.

With my blog, I feel compelled to write. I'm constantly thinking of things I could be adding to it. And I think a lot of that comes from that fact that I have an audience (well, at least I like to think that I do.) That way, I'm not motivated to write for myself, per se, but rather by my desire to share with others.

I hope to improve my writing skills through this daily exercise of blogging and expand my knowledge. More importantly, I want to build this safe space for ideas and discussion.

I totally recommend checking out the entire post on Vincent Mar's blog. The link is below. Enjoy!

Source: http://vincentmars.com/2013/04/17/blogging-versus-keeping-a-personal-diary/

0 comments:

Post a Comment