REVIEW: Moon Cafe

Posted On // Leave a Comment

I've had Moon Cafe on my radar for quite a bit now. I've been meaning to check it out. From the cute decor to the tasty sounding menu, I was intrigued. It'd rare to see such a spot in downtown Flushing. Although, I daresay, more and more of these cute cafe spots are popping up all over town more recently.  



The first thing I tried was the Lady M Green Tea Mille Crepe (it means 'A Thousand Crepes'). I had high hopes given Lady M's reputation and its exorbitant price. Just one slice here will set you back ten dollars. The cake was good-- don't get me wrong. But it wasn't ten-dollars-a-slice good. For that much, I was expecting it to be out-of-this-world extraordinary. This was just OK. Perhaps I have to give Lady M another try at one of its actual stores. But so far, not impressed...

Then I went for a Green Tea Latte, to complement the mille crepe. But I must say I was sorely disappointed with this item. First of all, the presentation was a far cry from the pretty Yelp photos. I opened up the cover and was anticipating some cool latte art when all I got from foamy frothy green. Then, I took a sip and was even more disappointed. Even Starbucks has got this beat. I could barely stomach this gross chalky mess. I barely tasted any green tea. 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this new joint isn't all that it's chalked out to be. The ambiance is nice. So if you feel like shelling out 20 bucks for disappointment, gone on ahead. But I warned you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment