Recipe: Stuffed Strawberries

Posted On // Leave a Comment
I had some leftover cream cheese in the fridge (I know... don't even know how it lasted that long). I just so happened to have a box of strawberries. So I decided to make some cream cheese stuffed strawberry bites!


These were such a hit! They were heavenly bite-sized strawberry cheese cakes. Perfect for satisfying a craving without going overboard (provided you eat one-- not ten strawberries). But hey, it's fruit so it's healthy.... right?

Anyhoo, first step is to wash and dry the strawberries. Then I used a teaspoon to core the strawberries. You want to make sure that you create a large enough cavity for the cream cheese filling. But not too large to the point that the berry caves in on itself. 

Next I filled a ziploc bag with 8 ounces of cream cheese. (I kind of eyeballed the next few steps.) I added about half as much sugar and a tablespoon of vanilla extract. You can adjust these amounts depending on how much of a sweet tooth you have. I mixed it all together in the ziploc bag. No bowls to clean, no mess!

I snipped off one tiny corner of the bag to pipe the filling into the strawberries. After each berry was filled, I made a small flat cut to the bottom of the strawberry so that they could stand nicely on the plate. Last but not least, I dipped the tops of the strawberries in crumbled graham crackers. The perfect little extra something to really create that cheese cake flavor in every bite.

Try out this recipe sometime! Enjoy! :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment