Recipe: Cheeseburger Pasta

Posted On // Leave a Comment
As a student, sometimes I default to pasta when I'm short on time and money, yet want to eat a warm meal. The same old bolognese red sauce gets boring over time. When I want to mix it up, I make a Cheeseburger Pasta instead. Be forewarned: with the level of grease involved, this dish is so bad for you, but oh so good for the soul.

Ingredients

  • Pasta
  • Ground Beef
  • Onions
  • Garlic Powder
  • Onion Powder
  • Salt
  • Tomato Sauce
  • Ketchup
  • American Cheese
1. Boil pasta (I usually use penne) as directed on the box
2. In a large skillet, sauté ground beef. As it browns, add diced raw onions, some salt, and garlic powder.
3. Add one can of tomato sauce to the skillet. (Note: this is different from regular spaghetti sauce!)
4. Add at least 2 tablespoons of ketchup and some onion powder for flavor.
5. Stir in the boiled pasta.
6. Add three slices of American Cheese. Let it melt over the pasta. Stir, then serve! 

I recently stocked up on some lasagna noodles from Trader Joe's, so I'm going to see if I can transpose this recipe to lasagna form! Stay posted :D 

0 comments:

Post a Comment