Recipe: Easy Slow Cooker Lasagna Recipe

Posted On // Leave a Comment
Lasagna is one of my favorite food groups. I'll admit that I love the taste of Stouffer's frozen lasagna. To recreate a similar taste at home, I use my CrockPot.

Ingredients

  • 1 lb ground beef
  • Ricotta Cheese
  • Parmesan Cheese
  • Mozarella Cheese
  • Lasagna Noodles (I used the No-Boil variety)
  • Pasta Sauce
  • Spices: Oregano, Basil, Italian Seasoning, Red Pepper Flakes, Onion Powder, Fennel Seeds, Salt, Garlic Powder
1. Brown 1 lb of ground beef in a pan. Drain the excess fat. 
2. Add the spices listed, adjusted as needed. 
3. Add a jar of Pasta Sauce. (I used a 48 oz. of Ragu, I think I could've used way less sauce)
4. Set up your slow cooker. Fill the bottom of the CrockPot container with meat sauce from the pan. 
5. Next, layer with lasagna noodles. I recommend using two layers of noodles and breaking the noodles to fit the shape of the CrockPot.
6. Then add a layer of ricotta, parmesan, and mozzarella cheese. 
7. Continue layering (meat sauce, 2x noodle, cheese...) until you have reached close to the top of the CrockPot. Don't make the same mistake I did and overeagerly fill to maximum capacity. The lasagna will boil over and spill out. I repeat: the lasagna will overflow and coat your kitchen counter!!! 
8. Cook either on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 5 hours. Top with the remainder of mozzarella cheese for an extra melty topping. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment