Recipe: Slow Cooker Zucchini Sauce Pasta

Posted On // Leave a Comment
Megan Markle sure knows what she is talking about! Her simple recipe for Zucchini Sauce Pasta has been making the rounds. Luckily, I had picked up a bunch of fresh zucchini yesterday... just in time for some Sunday food experimentation. Instead of a Dutch oven, I used my slow cooker. And, I added a few more ingredients at the end for an extra ooompf!

Ingredients

  • 4-5 zucchinis
  • Boullion
  • 1 whole onion
  • Red pepper flakes
  • Cheese
  • Pasta

1. Dice one whole onion and sauté in pan for 6 minutes or until golden brown
2. Transfer sautéed onions to slow cooker
3. Chop up 4-5 zucchinis (the smaller the pieces, the better!) and add to the slow cooker
4. Add some oil, salt, pepper, and bouillon for seasoning (I used mushroom bouillon, but you can use chicken) and add 1/2 cup of water
5. Slow cook for at least 4 hours on high - the vegetables should turn into a mushy, almost cream-like consistency
6. Meanwhile, prepare your pasta. I used penne pasta.
7. Add your pasta to the sauce when cook time is complete. Add red pepper flakes and cheese for added flavor. (I used aged havarti, but you could use parmesan, gouda, manchego, whatever your heart desires!) You can also add a splash of lemon juice, but I didn't have that on hand. Instead, I added some nutritional yeast to bring out the nice cheesy flavor of the zucchini sauce.
8. Enjoy!!! Bon appetit! 







0 comments:

Post a Comment